Thursday, November 19, 2009

Lay's chips' review, Round 1

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I've recently developed a fascination with other countries' potato chips, mostly those by the brand Lay's, as they seem to have all kinds of fancy flavors in different countries. Here again are the flavors I picked up on Monday here in Utrecht:

L-R: Lay's Sensations Thai Sweet Chili, Cheese Onion, Bolognese Originale, Barbecue Ham and Paprika.

The reviews: The Sweet Chili chips are the most unique tasting. A likes them, but I'm not a huge fan of the spices. Cheese Onion is very similar to the U.S.'s sour cream and onion, but has a stronger cheddar (instead of sour cream) taste. Bolognese is close to our BBQ flavor, with a tinge of Italian spices (i.e., oregano). Barbecue ham is basically Canadian bacon (I love bacon, but am not a huge fan of the Canadian variety), and Paprika is again BBQ. Kind of disappointing that despite the names of the chips, they're very similar to flavors we have in the U.S. I'm hoping to get back to the grocery store later today to grab a couple bags of other Lay's Sensations flavors. Then I can do Round 2 of my Dutch taste test..

1 comment:

Luna Indigo said...

I always enjoy looking at similar products that they have over seas. I still to this day cannot figure out why some cookies in NZ were called "Afghans". I guess they aren't as politically correct as we are in the States. Taste tests are always a good idea too!

Love the pancake photos, Krisch is always strong too. A little bit goes a long ways.