Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Day 10: Lots of running around

Waited too long to write this up, so it's gonna be quick. Just got too caught up in catching up with U after our Prague jaunt, and then A and I tried to get the bulk of our packing done. We were successful, in my opinion, but as it's now nearly 1 a.m., and we're planning to be up at 7:30 a.m., I'm sure it's still going to be a bit of a manic morning tomorrow (we're going to order a taxi for 9:45 a.m. to take us to the train station).

Our trip back to Utrecht was uneventful; we checked out of our hostel (which, for the great reveal, was the Prague Lion -- I'll try to write more about it later) around 9:45 a.m., and stashed our luggage in their luggage-storage room. Headed to Old Town Square and picked up those last-minute souvenirs I mentioned yesterday. Then we sat down for a huge breakfast at a restaurant in Old Town Square, right in front of the Astronomical Clock. It was sunny/warm enough that with the help of the nearby heater lamp, I was able to enjoy my breakfast in just my T-shirt and thin microfleece -- really nice way to stay goodbye to the city. Oh, and FYI, Johanna: Not much further action on the whole Christmas-tree/booths thing. The light strands had been put up about halfway down the tree, and the booths had red felt roofs, but that was it.

Got back to U's around 6:30.. more paneer for dinner, and two servings of tea to bookend the food. Then we were delighted to discover an episode of "Australian Border Patrol" on the TV. Saw an amusing bit on a Chinese lady who was very distressed that she couldn't bring her boxes of mushrooms (with no name in English) into the country ...

OK, fading fast, I'm off!

No comments: