Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Black Tuesday

Well, it's tough times here at Microsoft. As was reported in the local news yesterday, Microsoft had another round of layoffs. The last time around (I think January?), our team escaped unscathed. But this time we weren't so lucky, and unfortunately, three of my friends here were let go. Thankfully, all of them have a pragmatic view of the future, and are taking the news very well. I think I'm more bummed than they are!! One of my co-workers even drove to work yesterday instead of busing, just in case he needed to take home his belongings (he didn't -- whew). Anyway, my immediate team and I made it through this round in one piece -- a good thing, since there are only three of us! Hopefully the economy will continue to slowly improve, so we won't have to go through this again. I was a bundle of nerves all day yesterday, as were a lot of people on my hallway. Now that we're on the other side of things, I may need to go get some bubble tea tonight just to help myself recover!!

No comments: