Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Twinkie carnage

Over the weekend, my sister sent me home with some leftovers from her birthday party that took place the weeekend before that: two chocolate Hostess cupcake things, and a package of Twinkies. (I haven't had either in years, but they looked mighty tempting, and she didn't want them, so ...) I took out one of the Twinkies last night for a little dessert snack. After hearing the rustling of the plastic wrapper, Buster (my cat) immediately came over to see what I was doing. Out of curiosity, I put a little piece of the Twinkie on my palm, and lo-and-behold, he snatched the thing up. I gave him a couple more pieces, then told him to bugger off so I could eat the rest. I left the other Twinkie in the package; I folded the open end underneath, and left everything on my coffee table.

Woke up this morning and padded into the living room to check e-mail, and there on the floor next to the coffee table was that second Twinkie! Buster had pulled the package off the table, gotten his paw into it, pulled out the Twinkie (no easy feat, since it was stuck to a piece of cardboard within the package) and started munching. He didn't make it as far as the filling, but he did an impressive amount of damage. He likes the junk food, just like his mamma! Here's a shot of the Twinkie, post-Buster:

Don't worry, I don't go feeding Buster people food; I just get a kick out of seeing what all he'll eat. Some examples: avacado, mini marshmallows and whipped cream from a can (as soon as he hears the "whoooosh" of the can, he comes running). Funny guy.

No comments: