Monday, April 21, 2008

Watch out for the chicken neck

Saturday -- now known as The Day of Four Weather Patterns, as we had rain, hail, misty rain showers and sunshine -- I went to see "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" with Chrissy. HIGH-larious! I loved it! The page dude from "30 Rock" had some great lines, and of course, there are the lovely frontal nude shots of Jason Segel. Makes you think he's got more than a little love for Mini Segel, being that he wrote the film and all..

Sunday -- another crazy weather day -- I met up with the family to check out KING 5's Health Fair down near Qwest Field. The highlights:

  • The four of us (in my family) were standing side by side watching these break dancers perform. The troupe had one guy walking around the spectators, giving out an informational flier on the team. Of all of my family members, he came up to MY MOM and gave her the flier! The rest of us started cracking up immediately, and I think the guy became a little embarrassed as he walked off. My mom was like, "Look! He thinks I can do it!"
  • We stood in a small crowd to watch the Healthy Housekeeper do a demo. My mom was right up front; I was maybe three people behind her. This lady next to me randomly pulled out this flier and gave it to me after mentioning how she teaches "going green" classes at a local community college. I responded politely but briefly, and put her flier in my bag 'o goodies. Then my mom turned around and shot me this really evil devil stare. The flier lady asked "Uh, is everything okay?" I don't know what my mom's deal was, so I just kind of flapped my hand and said "Oh.. that's just my mom."
  • Took part in this free chiropractic exam thing. Apparently I'm starting to get the lovely chicken neck thing that occurs to a lot of people who spend most of their days in front of a computer. And I guess I still have the slight scoliosis my doctor discovered in the early '90s when I was in junior high. I'm a little alarmed now, so I think I'll make an appointment with a physical therapist or occupational therapist. Also, I don't know if it was just the power of suggestion, but my neck's been hurting a lot ever since that "exam"!
I'm beat today. I blame it on usual Sunday-night insomnia and the few sips of caffeinated coffee I had at the Health Fair (Starbucks was sampling their new Pike Place Roast, but didn't have decaf). The coffee was really good, by the way. Much less bitter than their usual coffee, and as "smooth" as they've been advertising. Anyway, I think I also have a dust speck or something under my left contact, because it's really irritating me. I keep winking hard with my left eye to try and dislodge it. I wear daily disposable lenses, so I'm trying to avoid switching the lens out (and my vision would be totally thrown off if I took it out completely). Ah, my life is so dramatic!

No comments: